Protecting Your Privacy
In various places on the Sites, we collect "Personally Identifiable Information," such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
* EventEdge will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the listings you publish, with our advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
* EventEdge offers email anonymization & relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
* Account information is password protected. Keep your password safe.
EventEdge, or people that place listings on EventEdge, may provide links to third party web sites, which may have different privacy practices than EventEdge. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies on these third party web sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every web site you visit.
Registration is required to create events and sell tickets through our service or to use other types of functionality that require the service to recognize a user (e.g., event reports or marketing). If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address and zip code. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your address. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third-party without your explicit consent. Registered users may choose to receive a copy of our newsletter or receive other mailings from us regarding our service or the Sites. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings as part of the registration process.
Data We Collect
In addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
* Events content. When you create an event on the Sites, we collect a variety of information related to that listing. The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, EventEdge has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your event listing. You can always edit your events.
* Correspondence. Correspondence between you and the other party initiated through our site, and correspondence to us.
* "Anonymous Information" such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and deliver or improve our service to you.
* Credit card information. We use Credit Card Gateways Paypal to handle secure online transactions for us. We do not store credit card or Paypal data. Note that your credit card bill may include the payee name of EventEdge, Acadia Edge Group or Greenexcel, all of which are different channels used by EventEdge to collect payment.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
* Registration information.
* All listings, review and comment content.
* Messages sent in regards to listings.
* Activity logs and other records.
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We may use the information you disclosed to us to:
* Provide our services to you.
* Provide customer service to you.
* Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
* Automatically scan messages to check for spam, fraud, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
EventEdge may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
* Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders).
* Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
* Protect the rights, property or personal safety of EventEdge, its users or the general public.
EventEdge may also disclose information with:
* Our partner web sites if you create an account on one of those sites or choose to create events on them.
* Service providers under contract who help us with business operations such as fraud investigations.